This weekly report covers the past two weeks. I blogged twice last week, and I figured that was enough.
|List overview. From left to right: articles, and genus/genera|
and species that were mentioned in the articles.
|Search results. Here one paper (doi:10.1186/1471-2164-13-589)|
I made a NodeJS JSONtoJSON converter (here). It takes the ctj output, strips all information that I don't use, generates some lists, and outputs a minified JSON file. I load this in the HTML-file and generate the "cards". I'll probably move that process to a NodeJS file as well. This will cause a larger filesize, but hopefully a shorter loading time. I also need to make the scrolling more effecient; I don't need to load cards people don't view.
The "generate word cloud" button doesn't work yet, because it currently needs to load data from a file that's to big to put on GitHub efficiently. I'll fix this later.
In the next few weeks I'll fix the issues above and start to see how I can extract more "facts". Currently I only know where what is mentioned, where "what" is limited to species, genus, words, human genes, and regex matches. In the future I want to find metabolites, chemicals and the relation between these and conifer species.